Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Lubuntu - A Fast Ubuntu Variant

fast-lubuntu-desktop
Personally I like Ubuntu in general but with Lubuntu my PC run faster like a new modern PC, first time I know about Lubuntu begin when I try to run Ubuntu and how to make Ubuntu run faster in my PC, there I know about Lubuntu.

Lubuntu is Ubuntu variant that use LXDE (Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment) as fast desktop environment. If Ubuntu use Gnome or Unity desktop environment and ther Ubuntu variant like Xubuntu use XFCE, Kubuntu use KDE that very eye candy but need more resources.

With LXDE, Lubuntu can run faster in old PC or Netbook like super PC and will be really faster in new modern PC or Laptop. The appearance is elegant with simple eye candy and we can also change the desktop appearance as we want.

Lubuntu is ready to use even though after be installed, because it already include some codec for multimedia like mp3 and other video player codec. So I don't need to install them by my self.
lubuntu-multimedia

In Lubuntu I also can do my daily job like office, online activity, multimedia, graphic, and so on. In additional tasks I also can install some applications in order to make my job easier and faster.



No comments:

Post a Comment