Sunday, August 19, 2012

Lubuntu for Netbook, Fast Ubuntu with Full Desktop Suport

I work in my computer totally with netbook rightnow, I installed some OS in my netbook (Windows 7, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and Lubuntu 12.04). I work in my netbook most with linux (Lubuntu and Ubuntu) than windows.

Here I will tell you about my experience with Lubuntu in my netbook.

Lubuntu is fast alternate ubuntu distro with LXDE desktop environment - a lightweight DE. It consumes less netbook resources such as RAM. Lubuntu run very fast in my netbook, when I open/run application it only need a second. We can also install applications base of ubuntu because lubuntu is still ubuntu family that use same repository although actually lubuntu itself has prepared lightweight applications ready to used. But if you want more application, you are free to install application you need.

Lubuntu appearance is beautiful and elegant for fast computing, and it ready to use when I install it at first time. It is ready to play mp3, video, etc not like ubuntu that need any some codec to install at first time we install ubuntu.

So, Lubuntu is fast Linux OS with full desktop OS. If you need more fast performance OS, try Lubuntu.

No comments:

Post a Comment